Sunday, June 7, 2009

Bonbonierre

Okay, it's been a while, but that does not mean that things have not been happening! School is a little hectic at the moment, and Chee has been out of action for a little while due to his thyriod operation.

Anyway, we have been thinking about having espresso cups as our bonbonierre. It all came about from me surfing Pink Frosting and coming across the Swish cups. Chee and I started over coffee after I had a particularly bad day with my year 10 class in my first year of teaching.

Well, I have been searching around for a slightly more cost effective version. (Sorry, but I can't justify spending close to $10 per person in total for bonbonierre). A couple of girls from the WWA forum suggested that I look at hospitality suppliers.

I came across this.

I think this is nice. I can also just buy the cup, and not have to buy the saucer, which might be a good idea, as I can't really see them together being easy to set up and take away from the reception. On to each cup I have seals similar to the one below to stick on.

Of course with our names and wedding date instead. Chee suggested we fill the cup with Jelly Belly. I think that is a good idea, I had a little look, and it is tricky to buy mixed 1kg bags, but slightly easier to buy 1kg of cappuccino flavoured Jelly Belly, which should do the trick.

Also, I have received the Milly Dress, but it is quite a bit too big, esspecially around the bust area. I will have to look and see if I can get it altered. If I can't, I'll just try and sell it on eBay.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Congrats on your wedding!!
    Im getting married in june next year and am thinking about using MillyBridal.
    Do you have a pic of yout final dress?
    Were you pleased w them?
    Any tips?

    All the best form Gotland, Sweden // Lena

    ReplyDelete