Friday, January 16, 2009

The Photographer

When we were going to a Chinese restaurant in Vic Park, which unfortunately was not open on the night we went, I spied with my little eye a wedding photographer's shop. The day after, I drove Chee past it, and we had a look at the wedding portraits that were in the shop front. They weren't open then, but we were impressed by those shots.

Anyway, when I was making a list of photographers to look at, they did end up on my short list. I gave Chee my list, he actually went to the shop again and spoke to one of the owners and was so highly impressed he made an appointment to see her with me.

On Monday we went and saw Kirsten from Compose Photography www.composephotography.com.au Chee had been impressed with their magazine style albums, their prices and Kirsten. He said that she was quite chatty, which actually made me a little scared, because Chee is very chatty himself!

However, I found Kirsten very easy to talk with, she was quite fun loving and had a good sense of humour, which is a big plus for me. I was basically sold when I saw some pics from a Chinese Tea Ceremony that they had taken, both at the groom's home, which was very cramped and at one of the Burswood Ballrooms, which was very expansive. That was what made me decide, because you could tell that the photos hadn't been edited by that stage, they were just the proof photos, but they were very good, with a good eye.

Anyway, we have decided to go with their Gold Coverage, which includes 2 photographers on the day and full reception coverage. We will pay extra to make sure that the tea ceremony is covered as well as the "yam seng"s at the reception. Have a look at their website for some of their photos, as well as the open albums in their client lounge, which look good on the computer, but looked even better in your hands at the photographer's studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment